Major fire in J&K Civil Secretariat annexe
Srinagar: A major fire broke out in the annexe of the Civil Secretariat, the seat of Jammu and Kashmir government, here on Thursday.
Flames and smoke started billowing from the two-storey wooden structure adjacent to the main building of the Civil Secretariat minutes before the scheduled opening of the offices at 9.30 am, officials said.
The building, which houses among other offices of the Education Department and a medical dispensary, was engulfed in flames within no time, they said.
They said it was not clear whether any employee is trapped in the building even as fire tenders are trying to douse the flames.
The cause of the fire was not immediately known.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!