Major fire in J&K Civil Secretariat annexe
Srinagar: A major fire broke out in the annexe of the Civil Secretariat, the seat of Jammu and Kashmir government, here on Thursday.
Flames and smoke started billowing from the two-storey wooden structure adjacent to the main building of the Civil Secretariat minutes before the scheduled opening of the offices at 9.30 am, officials said.
The building, which houses among other offices of the Education Department and a medical dispensary, was engulfed in flames within no time, they said.
They said it was not clear whether any employee is trapped in the building even as fire tenders are trying to douse the flames.
The cause of the fire was not immediately known.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you