Major fire in J&K Civil Secretariat annexe
Srinagar: A major fire broke out in the annexe of the Civil Secretariat, the seat of Jammu and Kashmir government, here on Thursday.
Flames and smoke started billowing from the two-storey wooden structure adjacent to the main building of the Civil Secretariat minutes before the scheduled opening of the offices at 9.30 am, officials said.
The building, which houses among other offices of the Education Department and a medical dispensary, was engulfed in flames within no time, they said.
They said it was not clear whether any employee is trapped in the building even as fire tenders are trying to douse the flames.
The cause of the fire was not immediately known.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years