Man abandons daughters at rly station, arrested
Jammu: A man whose wife had deserted him abandoned his three small daughters at the Jammu Railway Station on Sunday. He was arrested Monday, an official said.
Jammu`s Divisional Commissioner Pawan Kotwal told reporters Monday evening that police had identified the man as Ram Pal of Uttar Pradesh.
According to Pal, his wife had deserted him about a week ago, and in desperation he had left his three children - aged one, two and three - at the railway station as he was unable to feed and take care of them. He was arrested from the city, the official said.
Police had taken the three girls into its custody after they were found abandoned at the railway station. They were fed by a coolie before police arrived on the scene.
The girls were too small to provide details of their parents. They were shifted to SOS, an NGO-run home for orphans and victims of militancy, Kotwal said.
"It was not possible to keep them in the police station for long, so we requested SOS Village to keep them," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened