Man abandons daughters at rly station, arrested
Jammu: A man whose wife had deserted him abandoned his three small daughters at the Jammu Railway Station on Sunday. He was arrested Monday, an official said.
Jammu`s Divisional Commissioner Pawan Kotwal told reporters Monday evening that police had identified the man as Ram Pal of Uttar Pradesh.
According to Pal, his wife had deserted him about a week ago, and in desperation he had left his three children - aged one, two and three - at the railway station as he was unable to feed and take care of them. He was arrested from the city, the official said.
Police had taken the three girls into its custody after they were found abandoned at the railway station. They were fed by a coolie before police arrived on the scene.
The girls were too small to provide details of their parents. They were shifted to SOS, an NGO-run home for orphans and victims of militancy, Kotwal said.
"It was not possible to keep them in the police station for long, so we requested SOS Village to keep them," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Philippines police chief says 300 officers involved in drugs
- Nissan may introduce electric sports car by 2020
- PM Modi condoles former Singapore President Nathan's death
- No. 1 in Tests: Pakistan cricket team's rise completes journey from isolation to triumph
- Oh fresh! Check out Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor's chemistry in this latest still from 'Befikre'