Man abandons daughters at rly station, arrested
Jammu: A man whose wife had deserted him abandoned his three small daughters at the Jammu Railway Station on Sunday. He was arrested Monday, an official said.
Jammu`s Divisional Commissioner Pawan Kotwal told reporters Monday evening that police had identified the man as Ram Pal of Uttar Pradesh.
According to Pal, his wife had deserted him about a week ago, and in desperation he had left his three children - aged one, two and three - at the railway station as he was unable to feed and take care of them. He was arrested from the city, the official said.
Police had taken the three girls into its custody after they were found abandoned at the railway station. They were fed by a coolie before police arrived on the scene.
The girls were too small to provide details of their parents. They were shifted to SOS, an NGO-run home for orphans and victims of militancy, Kotwal said.
"It was not possible to keep them in the police station for long, so we requested SOS Village to keep them," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- 'Selfie' with Bulandshahr DM B Chandrakala lands 18-year-old in jail