Man abandons daughters at rly station, arrested
Jammu: A man whose wife had deserted him abandoned his three small daughters at the Jammu Railway Station on Sunday. He was arrested Monday, an official said.
Jammu`s Divisional Commissioner Pawan Kotwal told reporters Monday evening that police had identified the man as Ram Pal of Uttar Pradesh.
According to Pal, his wife had deserted him about a week ago, and in desperation he had left his three children - aged one, two and three - at the railway station as he was unable to feed and take care of them. He was arrested from the city, the official said.
Police had taken the three girls into its custody after they were found abandoned at the railway station. They were fed by a coolie before police arrived on the scene.
The girls were too small to provide details of their parents. They were shifted to SOS, an NGO-run home for orphans and victims of militancy, Kotwal said.
"It was not possible to keep them in the police station for long, so we requested SOS Village to keep them," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi