Man arrested for ATM card theft in Srinagar
Srinagar: A "notorious cheater" involved in several ATM card thefts and fraudulently withdrawing money has been arrested in the city, police said Thursday.
Syed Akhter Hussain was involved in multiple incidents of cheating and theft, they said.
Hussain would "fraudulently" take ATM cards from individuals and use them to withdraw money from the machines, while wearing a hospital mask to hide his face from the security cameras.
In one case against him, Hussain had withdrawn more than Rs one lakh from the account of a person whose ATM card he had snatched.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video