Man arrested for ATM card theft in Srinagar
Srinagar: A "notorious cheater" involved in several ATM card thefts and fraudulently withdrawing money has been arrested in the city, police said Thursday.
Syed Akhter Hussain was involved in multiple incidents of cheating and theft, they said.
Hussain would "fraudulently" take ATM cards from individuals and use them to withdraw money from the machines, while wearing a hospital mask to hide his face from the security cameras.
In one case against him, Hussain had withdrawn more than Rs one lakh from the account of a person whose ATM card he had snatched.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...