Man arrested in J&K for drugging, raping minor girl
Shopian: The Jammu and Kashmir police have arrested a man in Shopian district for drugging and then raping a minor girl.
The accused committed the crime on November 26, 2012, but a case was registered on December 03.
According to CNN-IBN, Shahid Ahmad Wani of Aliyalpora village, the accused in the case, also threatened the family of the 13-year old rape survivor against making any complaint. A court has remanded Wani to the police custody.
A case under Section 342, 376 RPC has been registered with the Shopian police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh