Man arrested in J&K for drugging, raping minor girl
Shopian: The Jammu and Kashmir police have arrested a man in Shopian district for drugging and then raping a minor girl.
The accused committed the crime on November 26, 2012, but a case was registered on December 03.
According to CNN-IBN, Shahid Ahmad Wani of Aliyalpora village, the accused in the case, also threatened the family of the 13-year old rape survivor against making any complaint. A court has remanded Wani to the police custody.
A case under Section 342, 376 RPC has been registered with the Shopian police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what