Man arrested in J&K for drugging, raping minor girl
Shopian: The Jammu and Kashmir police have arrested a man in Shopian district for drugging and then raping a minor girl.
The accused committed the crime on November 26, 2012, but a case was registered on December 03.
According to CNN-IBN, Shahid Ahmad Wani of Aliyalpora village, the accused in the case, also threatened the family of the 13-year old rape survivor against making any complaint. A court has remanded Wani to the police custody.
A case under Section 342, 376 RPC has been registered with the Shopian police station.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan