Man arrested in J&K for drugging, raping minor girl
Shopian: The Jammu and Kashmir police have arrested a man in Shopian district for drugging and then raping a minor girl.
The accused committed the crime on November 26, 2012, but a case was registered on December 03.
According to CNN-IBN, Shahid Ahmad Wani of Aliyalpora village, the accused in the case, also threatened the family of the 13-year old rape survivor against making any complaint. A court has remanded Wani to the police custody.
A case under Section 342, 376 RPC has been registered with the Shopian police station.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'