Man arrested in J&K for drugging, raping minor girl
Shopian: The Jammu and Kashmir police have arrested a man in Shopian district for drugging and then raping a minor girl.
The accused committed the crime on November 26, 2012, but a case was registered on December 03.
According to CNN-IBN, Shahid Ahmad Wani of Aliyalpora village, the accused in the case, also threatened the family of the 13-year old rape survivor against making any complaint. A court has remanded Wani to the police custody.
A case under Section 342, 376 RPC has been registered with the Shopian police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- Kashmir unrest: One more killed in protests; Rajnath Singh meets political leaders
- Earth-like planet found in nearest solar system: Study
- JNU rape case: AISA activist Anmol Ratan surrenders
- E-cigarettes can help eliminate smoking in 30 years: Research
- Standing desks in schools may help reduce weight in kids: Study