Man held for raping mentally challenged minor
Srinagar: Police on Tuesday arrested a 30-year-old man in south Kashmir`s Shopian district for allegedly raping a 13-year-old mentally challenged girl.
Based on the statements of the victim, her father and subsequent medical examination, police said a local named Imtiyaz Ahmad Bhat, 30, belonging to Wanpora village in Shopian, 100 km from here, was arrested for raping the mentally challenged minor.
"We have registered an FIR in Keller police station against the accused and he has been arrested," said a senior police officer here.
The father of the victim has demanded that the accused be sentenced for life to ensure that such heinous crimes against children and women are prevented.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you