Man held for raping mentally challenged minor
Srinagar: Police on Tuesday arrested a 30-year-old man in south Kashmir`s Shopian district for allegedly raping a 13-year-old mentally challenged girl.
Based on the statements of the victim, her father and subsequent medical examination, police said a local named Imtiyaz Ahmad Bhat, 30, belonging to Wanpora village in Shopian, 100 km from here, was arrested for raping the mentally challenged minor.
"We have registered an FIR in Keller police station against the accused and he has been arrested," said a senior police officer here.
The father of the victim has demanded that the accused be sentenced for life to ensure that such heinous crimes against children and women are prevented.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming