Man injured in J&K stone-pelting incident dies
Srinagar: A man injured in a stone-pelting incident in Anantnag district of Kashmir succumbed to injuries, taking the death toll to five in the clashes that erupted in the Valley following hanging of Parliament attack convict Mohammad Afzal Guru.
Reyaz Ahmad Khanday succumbed to injuries at SKIMS Hospital here late last night after battling for life for three days, a police spokesman said.
He said Khanday was hit by a stone on the head on March 8 at Mattan when a mob attacked him while he was driving a load carrier.
Authorities had imposed curfew in many parts of the Valley on the day as separatist Majlis Mashawarat (Consultative Committee) had called for protests seeking return of mortal remains of Guru, who was hanged and buried inside Tihar Jail on February 9.
The spokesman said four persons have already been arrested in connection with the incident. Khanday`s death has taken the toll to five in protests and clashes in the Valley following Guru`s hanging.
While two persons were killed in alleged firing by security forces in different incidents in Baramulla, two youth drowned in Ganderbal district while allegedly being chased by security forces while dealing with law and order situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy