Man injured in J&K stone-pelting incident dies
Srinagar: A man injured in a stone-pelting incident in Anantnag district of Kashmir succumbed to injuries, taking the death toll to five in the clashes that erupted in the Valley following hanging of Parliament attack convict Mohammad Afzal Guru.
Reyaz Ahmad Khanday succumbed to injuries at SKIMS Hospital here late last night after battling for life for three days, a police spokesman said.
He said Khanday was hit by a stone on the head on March 8 at Mattan when a mob attacked him while he was driving a load carrier.
Authorities had imposed curfew in many parts of the Valley on the day as separatist Majlis Mashawarat (Consultative Committee) had called for protests seeking return of mortal remains of Guru, who was hanged and buried inside Tihar Jail on February 9.
The spokesman said four persons have already been arrested in connection with the incident. Khanday`s death has taken the toll to five in protests and clashes in the Valley following Guru`s hanging.
While two persons were killed in alleged firing by security forces in different incidents in Baramulla, two youth drowned in Ganderbal district while allegedly being chased by security forces while dealing with law and order situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened