Man killed in mishap at tunnel site
Srinagar: A construction worker died after being hit by a loose stone at a tunnel project site in north Kashmir`s Bandipora district, police said today.
Sulakh Singh, who hailed from Punjab and was working with the Hindustan Construction Company, was seriously injured after being hit by a `shooting` stone at the tunnel works in Gurez area of Bandipora, yesterday.
The victim was rushed to the hospital after the accident, but succumbed to his injuries on his way, police said adding that a case has been registered in the matter.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference