Man killed in mishap at tunnel site
Srinagar: A construction worker died after being hit by a loose stone at a tunnel project site in north Kashmir`s Bandipora district, police said today.
Sulakh Singh, who hailed from Punjab and was working with the Hindustan Construction Company, was seriously injured after being hit by a `shooting` stone at the tunnel works in Gurez area of Bandipora, yesterday.
The victim was rushed to the hospital after the accident, but succumbed to his injuries on his way, police said adding that a case has been registered in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September