Master plans should be followed for development works: J&K govt
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government today asked state officials to adhere to the provisions of Master Plans while undertaking development works and preserve the eco-system at tourist spots.
"While undertaking development of eco-tourism and facility creation, development authorities should strictly adhere to the provisions of Master Plans and in no way allow anybody to tamper with the natural ambiance and beauty of the tourist areas," Tourism Minister Ghulam Ahmad Mir said here.
The maintenance of eco-system and preservation of natural beauty at tourist spots should form the necessary ingredient for facility creation and infrastructural development plans, Mir said while reviewing the performance of Baderwah Development Authority at a high-level meeting.
He said that the Centre has approved projects worth Rs 7.83 crore for developing the Baderwah-Thatari-Baleesa tourist circuit and added that work would begin after completion of necessary formalities.
He said under the project Tourist Reception Centers would be built at Baleesa and Thatari besides construction of wayside amenities, parks.
The Tourism Minister asked the concerned authorities to formulate the project reports for upgradation of additional accommodation facilities for tourists at potential spots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter