Mayawati warns of strict action against trouble makers
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati on Friday warned of strict action against any attempt to vitiate the communal atmosphere after the Ayodhya verdict.
Her warning came close on the heels of the remarks by SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav that he was disappointed by the Ayodhya title suits verdict as he felt faith was given "priority" over legal procedures.
"Anyone who tries to disturb the communal atmosphere in the state would be dealt with strictly," Mayawati told reporters without making any direct reference to Yadav.
"I would like to appeal the people of the state that they should not get influenced by provocative statements being made by some persons," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!