Mayawati warns of strict action against trouble makers
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati on Friday warned of strict action against any attempt to vitiate the communal atmosphere after the Ayodhya verdict.
Her warning came close on the heels of the remarks by SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav that he was disappointed by the Ayodhya title suits verdict as he felt faith was given "priority" over legal procedures.
"Anyone who tries to disturb the communal atmosphere in the state would be dealt with strictly," Mayawati told reporters without making any direct reference to Yadav.
"I would like to appeal the people of the state that they should not get influenced by provocative statements being made by some persons," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie