Mehbooba flays Goa govt’s decision
Jammu: Taking strong exception to the decision of Goa government to put Kashmiri businessmen on the "stranger roll", Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) leader
Mehbooba Mufti on Thursday asked Jammu and Kashmir administration to take up the issue with the coastal state`s authorities.
Raising the issue during the Zero Hour in the Assembly,
Mehbooba expressed surprise that Kashmiri businessmen doing
business in Goa have been distinguished from other residents
of the country by tagging them as "stranger roll".
She said Goa government`s decision was not only
"ridiculous but also insulting" for the people of Jammu and
She warned such a step would increase alienation among
the masses and would widen the gap between the people of
Jammu and Kashmir and the rest of the country.
She said Goa government`s decision was also affecting the
careers of students who are studying all over the country,
traders and executives of Jammu and Kashmir.
She asked the J&K government to immediately take up the
matter with Goa government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman