Mehbooba flays Goa govt’s decision
Jammu: Taking strong exception to the decision of Goa government to put Kashmiri businessmen on the "stranger roll", Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) leader
Mehbooba Mufti on Thursday asked Jammu and Kashmir administration to take up the issue with the coastal state`s authorities.
Raising the issue during the Zero Hour in the Assembly,
Mehbooba expressed surprise that Kashmiri businessmen doing
business in Goa have been distinguished from other residents
of the country by tagging them as "stranger roll".
She said Goa government`s decision was not only
"ridiculous but also insulting" for the people of Jammu and
She warned such a step would increase alienation among
the masses and would widen the gap between the people of
Jammu and Kashmir and the rest of the country.
She said Goa government`s decision was also affecting the
careers of students who are studying all over the country,
traders and executives of Jammu and Kashmir.
She asked the J&K government to immediately take up the
matter with Goa government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will commence at this breathtaking location – See pic
- WATCH: How Sri Lanka's mystery spinner Lakshan Sandakan left Australia spellbound
- Antibodies that protect against Zika virus in mice identified, claim scientists
- Rio Olympics 2016: India to start with a bang
- Congress puts gag order on partymen, asks them not to make comments inconsistent with party stand