Mehbooba flays Goa govt’s decision
Jammu: Taking strong exception to the decision of Goa government to put Kashmiri businessmen on the "stranger roll", Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) leader
Mehbooba Mufti on Thursday asked Jammu and Kashmir administration to take up the issue with the coastal state`s authorities.
Raising the issue during the Zero Hour in the Assembly,
Mehbooba expressed surprise that Kashmiri businessmen doing
business in Goa have been distinguished from other residents
of the country by tagging them as "stranger roll".
She said Goa government`s decision was not only
"ridiculous but also insulting" for the people of Jammu and
She warned such a step would increase alienation among
the masses and would widen the gap between the people of
Jammu and Kashmir and the rest of the country.
She said Goa government`s decision was also affecting the
careers of students who are studying all over the country,
traders and executives of Jammu and Kashmir.
She asked the J&K government to immediately take up the
matter with Goa government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Denied help by hospital authorities, Odisha man walks 10-km carrying wife's dead body; WATCH
- Salman Khan's fan trolled, criticised Yogeshwar Dutt after he was out of Olympics. Here's his FITTING reply
- Setback for NSUI as ABVP wins big in student union polls in Rajasthan
- North Korea leader says missile test `greatest success`
- Curfew, restrictions continue for 48th day in Kashmir