Mehbooba meets slain religious leader`s family
Srinagar: PDP chief Mehbooba Mufti on Sunday visited the family of slain religious leader and Jamiat-e-Ahli Hadees head Moulvi Showkat Ahmed Shah and said his killing had
deprived Kashmir a respectable voice of moderation.
Mehbooba met Shah`s mother, wife and children and
consoled them in their hour of grief.
The PDP president said Shah?s killing had deprived
Kashmir a highly respectable voice of moderation and religious
She said violence had already caused great distress
and damage to Kashmir and the people had consciously rejected
it as a means of achieving political goals.
Mehbooba asked the government to probe Shah`s killing
and bring to book all those involved in the heinous crime.
Shah, a prominent religious figure, was killed in an
IED blast outside a mosque in Maisuma area here on April 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Talks on Kashmir issue needed, want peace restored in Valley: Pak High Commissioner Abdul Basit
- Gold rebounds on jewellers' buying, silver jumps Rs 280/kg
- US Open 2016: Saketh Myneni advances to main draw
- Subramaian Swamy targets GST Network again; will write to Amit Shah, BJP CMs
- West Indies vs India, 1st T20I: As it happened...