Mehbooba meets slain religious leader`s family
Srinagar: PDP chief Mehbooba Mufti on Sunday visited the family of slain religious leader and Jamiat-e-Ahli Hadees head Moulvi Showkat Ahmed Shah and said his killing had
deprived Kashmir a respectable voice of moderation.
Mehbooba met Shah`s mother, wife and children and
consoled them in their hour of grief.
The PDP president said Shah?s killing had deprived
Kashmir a highly respectable voice of moderation and religious
She said violence had already caused great distress
and damage to Kashmir and the people had consciously rejected
it as a means of achieving political goals.
Mehbooba asked the government to probe Shah`s killing
and bring to book all those involved in the heinous crime.
Shah, a prominent religious figure, was killed in an
IED blast outside a mosque in Maisuma area here on April 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown