MGNREGA works progress available online: Sagar
Jammu: Seeking the online availability of progress of MGNREGA works, the Jammu and Kashmir government has asked its officers to ensure that the Management Information System of the scheme is uploaded regularly.
The directive was given at a meeting to review the progress of development projects under central schemes here by Minister for Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, Ali Mohammad Sagar.
Sagar asked the officers to speed up the implementation of the MIS scheme under MGNREGA, and said line progress report of works should be uploaded on time.
He also asked the officers to submit a proposal of those areas where internet facilities are not available so that V-SAT facility could be provided there.
Within a month, the expenditure of MIS under MGNREGA should be uploaded, he said.
He asked the officers to conduct tours on weekly basis to assess the impact of the scheme on the ground besides getting requisite feedback from locals as well as their representatives.
He said remarkable progress has been achieved in the implementation of MGNREGA scheme. "We have also put in place an effective mechanism to monitor the programme at all levels besides getting feedback," he said.
He said an amount of Rs 775 crore has been spent under MGNREGA during the year 2011-2012 for accelerating the socio-economic development of rural and far-flung areas of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery