MGNREGA works progress available online: Sagar
Jammu: Seeking the online availability of progress of MGNREGA works, the Jammu and Kashmir government has asked its officers to ensure that the Management Information System of the scheme is uploaded regularly.
The directive was given at a meeting to review the progress of development projects under central schemes here by Minister for Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, Ali Mohammad Sagar.
Sagar asked the officers to speed up the implementation of the MIS scheme under MGNREGA, and said line progress report of works should be uploaded on time.
He also asked the officers to submit a proposal of those areas where internet facilities are not available so that V-SAT facility could be provided there.
Within a month, the expenditure of MIS under MGNREGA should be uploaded, he said.
He asked the officers to conduct tours on weekly basis to assess the impact of the scheme on the ground besides getting requisite feedback from locals as well as their representatives.
He said remarkable progress has been achieved in the implementation of MGNREGA scheme. "We have also put in place an effective mechanism to monitor the programme at all levels besides getting feedback," he said.
He said an amount of Rs 775 crore has been spent under MGNREGA during the year 2011-2012 for accelerating the socio-economic development of rural and far-flung areas of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read