Mild tremor shakes Kashmir
Srinagar: A mild intensity quake shook Kashmir Valley in the wee hours today but there was no report of any damage due to it.
"An earthquake of magnitude 4.2 was recorded at 1.37 AM. The epicentre of the tremor was in Hindukush region of Afghanistan," an official of Disaster Management Cell said.
He said there were no report of any damage caused by the tremor in the Valley.
Kashmir Valley lies in highly active Seismic Zone V and has been experiencing slight to moderate earthquakes at regular intervals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery