Mild tremor shakes Kashmir
Srinagar: A mild intensity quake shook Kashmir Valley in the wee hours today but there was no report of any damage due to it.
"An earthquake of magnitude 4.2 was recorded at 1.37 AM. The epicentre of the tremor was in Hindukush region of Afghanistan," an official of Disaster Management Cell said.
He said there were no report of any damage caused by the tremor in the Valley.
Kashmir Valley lies in highly active Seismic Zone V and has been experiencing slight to moderate earthquakes at regular intervals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court
- Bombed Brussels airport departure hall to reopen today
- Bachchans, SRK, Salman attend Bipasha-Karan Singh Grover’s wedding reception