Militancy down by 50 percent in J&K: Khoda
Jammu: Pointing out that militancy in the
state has come down by 50 per cent, Jammu and Kashmir Police
DGP Kuldeep Khoda on Monday cautioned against complacency and said
the work on the front was not yet over.
"We have been able to successfully control militancy
this year. There is 50 per cent decrease in militancy this
year as compared to the last," he told reporters here after
inaugurating a 3-day police sports festival of
"As compared to the last year, more self-styled
commanders of different terror outfits have been neutralised,"
But security forces and J and K Police had to work
further to stamp out militancy completely, Khoda said.
"We still have listed militants (operating in Jammu and
Kashmir)," he said.
Regarding the cross-border infiltration, the DGP said
"there have been more infiltration attempts this year. These
have been neutralised by security forces very effectively."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy