‘Militancy dropped by 50% in J&K this year’
Jammu: While conceding that Pakistan-based
terror outfits like Lashkar-e-Taiba and Hizbul Mujahideen were still operating in Jammu and Kashmir, state police Thursday said
there has been a drop of 50 per cent in terrorists violence in first three months of the year.
"This year we have 50 per cent drop in the terrorists
violence as compared to the last year. Last year, as you know,
we had 47 per cent drop in violence," Director General of
Police (DGP) Kuldeep Khoda said.
Khoda was talking to reporters on the sidelines of launch
of postal stamp here.
"So with the type of operation, with the type of alertness
displayed by the police and other security forces - who are
working in close co-ordination and very high level of synergy,
the terrorism level will come down fast. And we have to
maintain that," Khoda said.
"In spite of the presence of Pakistan-based militant
outfits such as Lashkar-e-Taiba and Hizbul Mujahideen in the
state, there was considerable dip in violence", he said.
The DGP said "We have roughly under 200 terrorists in the
state at the moment. The Lashkar-e-Taiba and Hizbul
Mujahideen- they are two major outfits, which are still here,
operating. Though the number of incidents has come down."
The success we have achieved is due to coordinated
efforts of the police and the security forces, DGP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you