Militant attack kills cop, wounds civilian
Srinagar: Militants today shot dead a policeman and took away his service rifle in Anantnag district of south Kashmir, officials said.
A civilian was also injured in the firing and was hospitalised, they said.
Constable Salamatullah was shot at from point blank range by some unidentified ultras in village Khudwani, 62-km from here, at around 1 PM, the officials said.
The constable, part of a patrol party, was rushed to hospital where he succumbed to injuries.
Before fleeing, the militants took away the service rifle of the cop, the officials said.
No militant outfit has so far claimed responsibility for the attack.
Security forces immediately launched a search operation to nab the militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Good news for Rail Passengers! No service charge on ticket booked through card from June 1
- Japan keen to invest in India’s infrastructure growth story: Finance Minister
- People have figured out: Liam Hemsworth on reunion with Miley
- Afghan govt seeks extension for refugees to stay in Pakistan
- Asus Zenfone 3 series to be launched in India today