Militant attack kills cop, wounds civilian
Srinagar: Militants today shot dead a policeman and took away his service rifle in Anantnag district of south Kashmir, officials said.
A civilian was also injured in the firing and was hospitalised, they said.
Constable Salamatullah was shot at from point blank range by some unidentified ultras in village Khudwani, 62-km from here, at around 1 PM, the officials said.
The constable, part of a patrol party, was rushed to hospital where he succumbed to injuries.
Before fleeing, the militants took away the service rifle of the cop, the officials said.
No militant outfit has so far claimed responsibility for the attack.
Security forces immediately launched a search operation to nab the militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof