Militant hideout busted; huge cache of arms, ammunition seized
Srinagar: Security forces busted a militant hideout in forest area of Bandipora district in north Kashmir on Wednesday, and recovered a huge cache of arms, ammunition and explosives including 139 assorted grenades.
Acting on a tip-off, a joint team of police and 14 Rashtriya Rifles launched a search operation in Kota forest area of Bandipora, 50 kms from here, police sources said.
Eight anti-tank grenades, eight shells of automatic grenade launcher, five improvised explosive devices, four UBGLs and 90 UBGL grenades were seized, the sources said.
They said 33 hand grenades, five RPG rounds, four Ak assault rifles, 70 magazines, 1200 rounds, two 82-mm mortar shells, 45 detonators, 16 pika rounds and 160 rounds of sniper rifle ammunition were also recovered from the hideout.
No arrests have been made in connection with the recovery so far, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Will ensure safety of Indian airports: Civil Aviation Min
- Daniel Radcliffe hasn't ruled out 'Harry Potter' comeback
- Jon Bon Jovi meets cancer patient, gifts her guitar
- GoAir announces heavy Monsoon bonanza; fly as low as Rs 849
- ICSI CS foundation programme exam 2016 result to be declared today on June 29. Check icsi.examresults.net