Militant hideout busted in J&K, arms recovered
Srinagar: Security forces on Wednesday busted a militant hideout in forests of frontier district of Kupwara in north Kashmir, recovering a huge cache of arms and explosives, police said.
Acting on a tip off, police assisted by the army launched a search operation in Mouldari forests of Handwara area, 90 kms from here, a police spokesman said.
During the search operation, a major militant hideout was busted which led to the recovery of six AK assault rifles and 70 UBGL shells so far, he said.
The spokesman said the search operation was going on and more recoveries are expected. However, no one was arrested during the operation so far, the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands