Militant hideout busted in J&K, arms recovered
Srinagar: Security forces on Wednesday busted a militant hideout in forests of frontier district of Kupwara in north Kashmir, recovering a huge cache of arms and explosives, police said.
Acting on a tip off, police assisted by the army launched a search operation in Mouldari forests of Handwara area, 90 kms from here, a police spokesman said.
During the search operation, a major militant hideout was busted which led to the recovery of six AK assault rifles and 70 UBGL shells so far, he said.
The spokesman said the search operation was going on and more recoveries are expected. However, no one was arrested during the operation so far, the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!