Militant hideout busted in J&K, arms recovered
Srinagar: Security forces on Wednesday busted a militant hideout in forests of frontier district of Kupwara in north Kashmir, recovering a huge cache of arms and explosives, police said.
Acting on a tip off, police assisted by the army launched a search operation in Mouldari forests of Handwara area, 90 kms from here, a police spokesman said.
During the search operation, a major militant hideout was busted which led to the recovery of six AK assault rifles and 70 UBGL shells so far, he said.
The spokesman said the search operation was going on and more recoveries are expected. However, no one was arrested during the operation so far, the spokesman added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living