Militant hideout busted in J&K, arms recovered
Srinagar: Security forces on Wednesday busted a militant hideout in forests of frontier district of Kupwara in north Kashmir, recovering a huge cache of arms and explosives, police said.
Acting on a tip off, police assisted by the army launched a search operation in Mouldari forests of Handwara area, 90 kms from here, a police spokesman said.
During the search operation, a major militant hideout was busted which led to the recovery of six AK assault rifles and 70 UBGL shells so far, he said.
The spokesman said the search operation was going on and more recoveries are expected. However, no one was arrested during the operation so far, the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says