Militant hideout busted in J&K, arms recovered
Srinagar: Security forces on Wednesday busted a militant hideout in forests of frontier district of Kupwara in north Kashmir, recovering a huge cache of arms and explosives, police said.
Acting on a tip off, police assisted by the army launched a search operation in Mouldari forests of Handwara area, 90 kms from here, a police spokesman said.
During the search operation, a major militant hideout was busted which led to the recovery of six AK assault rifles and 70 UBGL shells so far, he said.
The spokesman said the search operation was going on and more recoveries are expected. However, no one was arrested during the operation so far, the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Indian Premier League: List of players bought by franchises at Saturday's auction
- Indian cricketers are getting married in Twenty20 mode