Militant hideout busted in J&K, huge cache of arms recovered
Jammu: Security forces on Wednesday busted a militant hideout and recovered a huge cache of arms and ammunition in Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Based on a specific information, a joint team of Rashtriya Rifles and police personnel carried out an overnight search operation in highly dense Deolmarg forest on upper reaches of Pir Panjal mountains in the district and busted a militant hideout today, defence officials said here.
A huge cache of arms and ammunition that include UBGL, pistols, magazines, AK-47 rifle magazines, Chinese hand grenades, explosives and huge amount of AK-47 ammunition, binoculars and cameras were recovered, they said.
However, further details about the quantity recovered are awaited as the operation was still going on, they said.
The war like stores were found inside a natural cave which was about four feet deep and two feet wide and were detected with help of metal detectors and sniffer dogs, the officials said.
The cache was buried by local terrorists, who operated in the region a few years back, and was to be used to revive the militancy and against the security forces operating in the region, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why