Militant hideout busted in J&K, huge cache of arms recovered
Jammu: Security forces on Wednesday busted a militant hideout and recovered a huge cache of arms and ammunition in Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Based on a specific information, a joint team of Rashtriya Rifles and police personnel carried out an overnight search operation in highly dense Deolmarg forest on upper reaches of Pir Panjal mountains in the district and busted a militant hideout today, defence officials said here.
A huge cache of arms and ammunition that include UBGL, pistols, magazines, AK-47 rifle magazines, Chinese hand grenades, explosives and huge amount of AK-47 ammunition, binoculars and cameras were recovered, they said.
However, further details about the quantity recovered are awaited as the operation was still going on, they said.
The war like stores were found inside a natural cave which was about four feet deep and two feet wide and were detected with help of metal detectors and sniffer dogs, the officials said.
The cache was buried by local terrorists, who operated in the region a few years back, and was to be used to revive the militancy and against the security forces operating in the region, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?