Militant hideout busted in J&K, huge cache of arms recovered
Jammu: Security forces on Monday claimed to have busted a militant hideout recovering a huge cache of arms and ammunitions in Kishtwar district of Jammu and Kashmir, an official said.
Acting on a tip-off, police and security forces busted the hideout during a search operation in Bonda forests of Chatroo area of district Kishtwar, a police spokesman said here.
The cache includes one RPG rifle, one Pika Gun, one .303 rifle, one.315 rifle, one 12 Bore rifle, 2 pistols , 493 ammunition of AK, pika, pistol, one RPG round, 4 UBGL grenades, 8 AK magazines, one pistol magazine, 6 hand grenades, 7 detonators, one barrel pistol , one radio set and 3 kg RDX, the spokesman said.
"The busting of the hideout has succeeded in derailing the nefarious designs of the terrorists and their supporters", he said adding a case has been registered under the Arms Act and Explosive Substance Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi