Militant hideout busted in J&K`s Reasi
Jammu: Army busted a militant hideout and seized arms and ammunition in Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir on Sunday night.
Acting on a tip-off, troops of 61 Rashtriya Rifles launched a search operation in Rasoowali Nallah area of Mahore teshil in Reasi district, Defence spokesman Col R K Palta said.
During the operation, a large quantity of arms, ammunition and explosives including one AK rifle, one Pakistan origin pistol, two rifle magazines with 64 rounds, one magazine with 61 rounds, one anti-personnel mine, three UBGL grenades, 3 hand grenades, 93 rounds of Pika rifle and one mobile were recovered, he said.
The operation was going on when the last reports came in, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory