Militant hideout busted in J&K`s Reasi
Jammu: Army busted a militant hideout and seized arms and ammunition in Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir on Sunday night.
Acting on a tip-off, troops of 61 Rashtriya Rifles launched a search operation in Rasoowali Nallah area of Mahore teshil in Reasi district, Defence spokesman Col R K Palta said.
During the operation, a large quantity of arms, ammunition and explosives including one AK rifle, one Pakistan origin pistol, two rifle magazines with 64 rounds, one magazine with 61 rounds, one anti-personnel mine, three UBGL grenades, 3 hand grenades, 93 rounds of Pika rifle and one mobile were recovered, he said.
The operation was going on when the last reports came in, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing