Militant hideout busted in Kashmir, arms seized
Jammu: The Army said on Thursday that it has seized a cache of arms and ammunition after busting a guerrilla hideout in the hilly Kishtwar district of Jammu region in Jammu and Kashmir.
"Based on the specific intelligence inputs about presence of a hideout, a joint operation was launched by the army and Jammu and Kashmir police in Dangar Nala of Kishtwar district today," a defence spokesman said here.
"War-like stores including an AK-56 rifle, five magazines for an AK-56, 300 rounds of AK-56 ammunition, a 7.62mm pistol, a magazine of 7.62mm pistol and four rounds of ammunition of 7.62mm pistol were recovered from the hideout," the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan