Militant hideout busted in Kashmir, arms seized
Jammu: The Army said on Thursday that it has seized a cache of arms and ammunition after busting a guerrilla hideout in the hilly Kishtwar district of Jammu region in Jammu and Kashmir.
"Based on the specific intelligence inputs about presence of a hideout, a joint operation was launched by the army and Jammu and Kashmir police in Dangar Nala of Kishtwar district today," a defence spokesman said here.
"War-like stores including an AK-56 rifle, five magazines for an AK-56, 300 rounds of AK-56 ammunition, a 7.62mm pistol, a magazine of 7.62mm pistol and four rounds of ammunition of 7.62mm pistol were recovered from the hideout," the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why