Militant hideout busted in Kashmir, arms seized
Jammu: The Army said on Thursday that it has seized a cache of arms and ammunition after busting a guerrilla hideout in the hilly Kishtwar district of Jammu region in Jammu and Kashmir.
"Based on the specific intelligence inputs about presence of a hideout, a joint operation was launched by the army and Jammu and Kashmir police in Dangar Nala of Kishtwar district today," a defence spokesman said here.
"War-like stores including an AK-56 rifle, five magazines for an AK-56, 300 rounds of AK-56 ammunition, a 7.62mm pistol, a magazine of 7.62mm pistol and four rounds of ammunition of 7.62mm pistol were recovered from the hideout," the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian captain to hit double century in away Test
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read
- Assam flood situation grim, close to 3 lakh remain affected
- Sam Allardyce gets England job at second time of asking