Militant hideout busted in Kashmir, arms seized
Jammu: The Army said on Thursday that it has seized a cache of arms and ammunition after busting a guerrilla hideout in the hilly Kishtwar district of Jammu region in Jammu and Kashmir.
"Based on the specific intelligence inputs about presence of a hideout, a joint operation was launched by the army and Jammu and Kashmir police in Dangar Nala of Kishtwar district today," a defence spokesman said here.
"War-like stores including an AK-56 rifle, five magazines for an AK-56, 300 rounds of AK-56 ammunition, a 7.62mm pistol, a magazine of 7.62mm pistol and four rounds of ammunition of 7.62mm pistol were recovered from the hideout," the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!