Militant hideout unearthed in Baramulla
Srinagar: The Indian Army has unearthed a militant hideout in Baramulla district of Kashmir, recovering a cache of arms and ammunition.
"Based on a specific intelligence input, a joint operation was launched by an Army unit and J&K Police in Baramulla yesterday which resulted in busting of a terrorist hideout and recovery of a large cache of arms and ammunition," a defence spokesman said on Monday.
He said the joint team of Army and police during searches in Hajibal area recovered one AK-47 rifle, two AK magazines, two pistols, two pistol magazines, 225 rounds of AK ammunition, three UBGL grenades and 19 RPG rockets.
The other recoveries included five radio sets, one communication set, one binocular, 13 detonators and five kg of explosives, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results to be declared today on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department