Militant hideout unearthed in Kokernag
Srinagar: Security forces have unearthed a
militant hideout in Kokernag area of Anantnag district and
recovered huge quantity of explosives and ammunition,
officials said on Saturday.
Army troops launched a search operation in Vessu area
of Kokernag, 80 kms from here, last evening and busted the
hideout, the officials said.
They said the recoveries made from the hideout
included six packets of explosives, weighing around 30 kgs,
six hand grenades, five electronic detonators, 105 rounds of
AK ammunition and 10 rounds of Pika ammunition.
Meanwhile, an explosion took place at Mustafabad on
Srinagar-Baramulla road last night, sources said.
There was no casualty in the blast which triggered
panic among locals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister