Militant hideout unearthed in Kupwara district
Srinagar: A militant hideout was Wednesday unearthed and a huge cache of arms and ammunition recovered from it in Trehgam area of Kupwara district, police said here.
In a combing operation based on specific intelligence inputs, troops of 160 Territorial Army unearthed the militant hideout in Poshwani area of Kupwara, they said.
A cache of arms and ammunition was recovered from the hideout which included one AK-47 rifle, two AK magazines, 1,240 AK rounds, one UBGL, four pistols, four pistol magazines, 24 pistol rounds among other things, they said.
Some of the explosives and hand grenades were destroyed on the spot as the security forces apprehended that the ammunition might explode during recovery.
The recovery of arms and ammunition is third in four days. The army unearthed a militant hideout in Dachigam forest reserve in the outskirts of the city on Sunday followed by another major haul of weapons and ammunition from Kainiyar forests in Anantnag district yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- 'Befikre' Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor's latest STILL will make you standstill!
- Mars had climate suitable for life four billion years ago
- Wedding SONG of the year 'Nachde Ne Saare' has Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra dance to glory! Watch
- Afzal Guru event: JNU panel holds 21 students 'guilty of indiscipline'; no relief to Umar, Anirban
- Water shortage may have led to demise of Maya civilisation