Militant hideout unearthed in Kupwara district
Srinagar: A militant hideout was Wednesday unearthed and a huge cache of arms and ammunition recovered from it in Trehgam area of Kupwara district, police said here.
In a combing operation based on specific intelligence inputs, troops of 160 Territorial Army unearthed the militant hideout in Poshwani area of Kupwara, they said.
A cache of arms and ammunition was recovered from the hideout which included one AK-47 rifle, two AK magazines, 1,240 AK rounds, one UBGL, four pistols, four pistol magazines, 24 pistol rounds among other things, they said.
Some of the explosives and hand grenades were destroyed on the spot as the security forces apprehended that the ammunition might explode during recovery.
The recovery of arms and ammunition is third in four days. The army unearthed a militant hideout in Dachigam forest reserve in the outskirts of the city on Sunday followed by another major haul of weapons and ammunition from Kainiyar forests in Anantnag district yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery