Militant hideout unearthed in Kupwara district
Srinagar: A militant hideout was Wednesday unearthed and a huge cache of arms and ammunition recovered from it in Trehgam area of Kupwara district, police said here.
In a combing operation based on specific intelligence inputs, troops of 160 Territorial Army unearthed the militant hideout in Poshwani area of Kupwara, they said.
A cache of arms and ammunition was recovered from the hideout which included one AK-47 rifle, two AK magazines, 1,240 AK rounds, one UBGL, four pistols, four pistol magazines, 24 pistol rounds among other things, they said.
Some of the explosives and hand grenades were destroyed on the spot as the security forces apprehended that the ammunition might explode during recovery.
The recovery of arms and ammunition is third in four days. The army unearthed a militant hideout in Dachigam forest reserve in the outskirts of the city on Sunday followed by another major haul of weapons and ammunition from Kainiyar forests in Anantnag district yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details