Militant involved in Sarpanch`s murder arrested: J&K police
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Police on Sunday claimed to have arrested a militant belonging to Pakistan-based Lashker-e-Toiba (LeT), who was allegedly involved in killing of a Sarpanch from north Kashmir Baramulla district, official sources said.
Muzaffar Ahmad Lone, a resident of Raipora, Palhalan area of the district was arrested by a joint team of police, Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and Army at a naka (check post) after receiving specific information regarding his movement, the sources said.
Lone was involved in the killing of a Sarpanch of Palhalan village in September last year, they said, adding he is a close associate of a LeT militant Hilal Molvi.
A pistol, a pistol magazine and three pistol rounds were seized from his possession, sources said.
Meanwhile, security forces, also recovered arms and ammunition from Sopore township of Baramulla, after receiving a tip off, police said.
In a joint operation, police and Army launched a search operation in Budden, Saripora, Nig Nallah, Sopore and recovered an AK 56 rifle, two AK 56 magazines, 120 rounds of AK 47 ammunition, one 9 mm pistol, one 9 mm pistol magazines, one hand grenade and five hand held radio sets, a police spokesman said here.
He said a case has been registered, however, no arrests have been made so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state