Militant involved in Sarpanch`s murder arrested: J&K police
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Police on Sunday claimed to have arrested a militant belonging to Pakistan-based Lashker-e-Toiba (LeT), who was allegedly involved in killing of a Sarpanch from north Kashmir Baramulla district, official sources said.
Muzaffar Ahmad Lone, a resident of Raipora, Palhalan area of the district was arrested by a joint team of police, Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and Army at a naka (check post) after receiving specific information regarding his movement, the sources said.
Lone was involved in the killing of a Sarpanch of Palhalan village in September last year, they said, adding he is a close associate of a LeT militant Hilal Molvi.
A pistol, a pistol magazine and three pistol rounds were seized from his possession, sources said.
Meanwhile, security forces, also recovered arms and ammunition from Sopore township of Baramulla, after receiving a tip off, police said.
In a joint operation, police and Army launched a search operation in Budden, Saripora, Nig Nallah, Sopore and recovered an AK 56 rifle, two AK 56 magazines, 120 rounds of AK 47 ammunition, one 9 mm pistol, one 9 mm pistol magazines, one hand grenade and five hand held radio sets, a police spokesman said here.
He said a case has been registered, however, no arrests have been made so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery