Militant killed in an encounter in South Kashmir
Srinagar: A militant was killed in an
encounter with security forces in Pulwama district of South
Kashmir on Monday.
The militants opened fire on security personnel, who had
launched a search operation at Ighboz village in Rajpora,
after getting specific information about the presence of
ultras, official sources said.
A militant identified as Javiad Ahmad alias "Zubair" was
killed in retaliatory firing, while another militant was
believed to be hiding in the village, they said.
Reinforcements have been rushed to the area, the sources
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate