Militant killed in encounter in J&K
Srinagar: A militant is believed to have been killed in an encounter with security forces in Kangan forest area of central Kashmir Ganderbal district, police said Saturday.
A gunbattle broke out between militants and security forces in forests of Kangan area 40 km from here, late last night, police said.
One militant is believed to have been killed but it can be confirmed only after the operation is over and the body is retrieved, they said.
Police said exchange of firing was going on till reports last came in.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"