Militant killed in encounter in J&K
Srinagar: A militant is believed to have been killed in an encounter with security forces in Kangan forest area of central Kashmir Ganderbal district, police said Saturday.
A gunbattle broke out between militants and security forces in forests of Kangan area 40 km from here, late last night, police said.
One militant is believed to have been killed but it can be confirmed only after the operation is over and the body is retrieved, they said.
Police said exchange of firing was going on till reports last came in.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list