Militant killed in encounter in J&K
Srinagar: A militant was killed Tuesday in an encounter with Army near the Line of Control in Tangdhar sector of Kashmir`s Kupwara district.
"The troops along LoC in Tangdhar sector observed some suspicious movement past midnight. On being challenged, the militant opened fire at Army positions which was retaliated," an Army spokesman said here.
He said a militant was killed in the brief exchange of gunfire and an AK rifle was recovered from the spot.
The spokesman said it was not clear yet whether the slain militant was infiltrating from or exhilarating to Pakistan occupied Kashmir.
The operation is still in progress to look for any more militants in the area, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Narendra Modi's big plan for PoK refugees in India – A Rs 2,000 crore package
- Kerala train derail: Services resume in Ernakulam-Thrissur route
- Meet Lachlan Smart – The Aussie teen who becomes youngest pilot to fly solo around the world!
- Suicide bombing kills 11 at Yemen army camp: Officials
- iBerry launches 'India's first 4GB Ram unibody smartphone' at Rs 15,990