Militant killed in encounter in J&K
Srinagar: A militant was killed Tuesday in an encounter with Army near the Line of Control in Tangdhar sector of Kashmir`s Kupwara district.
"The troops along LoC in Tangdhar sector observed some suspicious movement past midnight. On being challenged, the militant opened fire at Army positions which was retaliated," an Army spokesman said here.
He said a militant was killed in the brief exchange of gunfire and an AK rifle was recovered from the spot.
The spokesman said it was not clear yet whether the slain militant was infiltrating from or exhilarating to Pakistan occupied Kashmir.
The operation is still in progress to look for any more militants in the area, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH