Militant killed in encounter in Kashmir
Srinagar: A militant was on Friday killed in an encounter between ultras and security forces in a forest in frontier Kupwara district of north Kashmir, police said.
The encounter started on Thursday evening when security forces, acting on specific information, launched a search operation to flush out militants in Mouldari forest area of Handwara, 80 km from Srinagar, the police said.
An unidentified militant was killed in exchange of gun fire on Friday morning, they said. The gunfight continued when reports last came in, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state