Militant killed in encounter with security forces
Srinagar: A militant was on Thursday shot dead in the 28-hour-long gunbattle with security forces in Sopore town of north Kashmir Baramulla district, taking the total
number of ultras killed in the operation to two, officials said.
"We have killed one militant this morning," Sopore Superintendent of Police Altaf Ahmad told a news agency.
Another militant was killed yesterday during the encounter, he said.
He said search operation in the area was in progress.
Acting on a tip off, police and troops of 22 Rashtriya Rifles yesterday launched a search operation in village Dooru in militancy-hit Sopore area, 55 kms from here,
in Baramulla district.
The hiding militants were asked to surrender, but a gunfight started when they opened fire.
The identity and group affiliation of the slain militant could not be ascertained so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news