Militant killed in gunbattle; operation continues
Srinagar: Security forces on Wednesday killed a
militant in an encounter which also left a special police
officer and a soldier injured at a village in Kulgam district
of south Kashmir, a police officer said.
The gunbattle, which began in the evening with militants
opening fire on security forces, is continuing at Khazanbal
village near Tangmarg, 75 km from here, and it is believed
that more militants are hiding in the area, SP (Kulgam) Keshav
The identity of the slain ultra was not ascertained yet.
SPO Zahoor Ahmad and a soldier were injured when militants,
hiding in the village opened indiscriminate fire on a joint
search party of the police and Rashtriya Rifles, he said.
The security forces returned the fire and a gunbattle
followed. Reinforcements have been rushed to the village to
plug all escape routes so that the militants cannot flee the
area, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what