Militant killed in gunbattle; operation continues
Srinagar: Security forces on Wednesday killed a
militant in an encounter which also left a special police
officer and a soldier injured at a village in Kulgam district
of south Kashmir, a police officer said.
The gunbattle, which began in the evening with militants
opening fire on security forces, is continuing at Khazanbal
village near Tangmarg, 75 km from here, and it is believed
that more militants are hiding in the area, SP (Kulgam) Keshav
The identity of the slain ultra was not ascertained yet.
SPO Zahoor Ahmad and a soldier were injured when militants,
hiding in the village opened indiscriminate fire on a joint
search party of the police and Rashtriya Rifles, he said.
The security forces returned the fire and a gunbattle
followed. Reinforcements have been rushed to the village to
plug all escape routes so that the militants cannot flee the
area, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news