Militant killed in J&K encounter
Srinagar: An unidentified militant was killed in a gunfight with security forces in Baramulla district of North Kashmir on Thursday, police said.
An encounter took place at Tarzoo village of Sopore, 55 kms from here, resulting in the death of an unidentified militant, a police spokesman said.
He said the gunfight took place when police assisted by the security forces launched a search operation in the village following specific information about presence of militants.
The hiding ultras opened fire in an attempt to break the cordon and in the ensuing gunbattle, a militant was killed, he said, adding his identity and group affiliation was awaited as the operation was on till late in the evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!