Militant killed in J&K encounter
Srinagar: An unidentified militant was killed in a gunfight with security forces in Baramulla district of North Kashmir on Thursday, police said.
An encounter took place at Tarzoo village of Sopore, 55 kms from here, resulting in the death of an unidentified militant, a police spokesman said.
He said the gunfight took place when police assisted by the security forces launched a search operation in the village following specific information about presence of militants.
The hiding ultras opened fire in an attempt to break the cordon and in the ensuing gunbattle, a militant was killed, he said, adding his identity and group affiliation was awaited as the operation was on till late in the evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?