Militant killed in J&K encounter
Srinagar: An unidentified militant was killed in a gunfight with security forces in Baramulla district of North Kashmir on Thursday, police said.
An encounter took place at Tarzoo village of Sopore, 55 kms from here, resulting in the death of an unidentified militant, a police spokesman said.
He said the gunfight took place when police assisted by the security forces launched a search operation in the village following specific information about presence of militants.
The hiding ultras opened fire in an attempt to break the cordon and in the ensuing gunbattle, a militant was killed, he said, adding his identity and group affiliation was awaited as the operation was on till late in the evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed