Militant killed in J&K gun battle
Jammu: A militant was killed in a gun battle between terrorists and security forces in Kishtwar district of Jammu and Kashmir early Sunday.
Conducting searches acting on specific information, troops of Rastriya Rifles and Special Task Force (STF) launched a "surgical operation" in Patnazi area of Bonjawa
belt in Kishtwar district, a senior Army officer told a news agency.
An encounter broke out between the militants and the security forces during the operation in which one militant was killed, the officer said adding, his identity is yet to be
One AK rifle, grenades and ammunition were seized from the spot of the encounter.
Two Lashker-e-Toiba operatives, including `area commander` Mohmmad Shafi Pathan, active in militancy for the last 20 years, were arrested from Patnazi during search and
cordon operation in Kishtwar for the past two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says