Militant killed, jawan injured in Kashmir encounter
Srinagar: An unidentified militant was killed and an Army jawan injured in an encounter in Tral area of South Kashmir`s Pulwama district Saturday.
Security forces launched a search operation in the forest area of Aripal village in Tral area following information about presence of militants there, an Army spokesman said.
He said contact was established with the militants and so far one unidentified ultra has been killed.
"The body of the militant, along with one AK 47 rifle, has been recovered," the spokesman said, adding the operation was still in progress.
He said an Army jawan was also injured during the operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US
- One billion iPhones have been sold: Apple CEO Tim Cook
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death
- Leigh Griffiths puts struggling Celtic in Champions League driving seat