Militant killed, jawan injured in Kashmir encounter
Srinagar: An unidentified militant was killed and an Army jawan injured in an encounter in Tral area of South Kashmir`s Pulwama district Saturday.
Security forces launched a search operation in the forest area of Aripal village in Tral area following information about presence of militants there, an Army spokesman said.
He said contact was established with the militants and so far one unidentified ultra has been killed.
"The body of the militant, along with one AK 47 rifle, has been recovered," the spokesman said, adding the operation was still in progress.
He said an Army jawan was also injured during the operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh