Militant outfits threaten journalists in Kashmir
Srinagar: Militant organisations have asked journalists and media houses to stop projecting what they said the struggle of Kashmiris in a negative way or else face dire consequences.
Some journalists and media houses here have received a handwritten letter purportedly sent by militant groups, active in Kashmir, in this regard.
"Some so-called journalists in print and electronic media are presenting the struggle of Kashmiris in bad light," the letter said.
"We warn journalists to mend their ways or face dire consequences," said the letter issued under the name of Abu Irfan, a spokesman of the groups.
It warned the editors not to ignore the warning and publish it in their newspapers.
Inspector General of Police (Kashmir) S M Sahai said he would not be able to comment on the veracity of the letter as no one had reported the matter to the police so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015