Militant shot dead in encounter with security forc
Srinagar: Security forces shot dead a militant in a gunfight after their foot patrol came under fire from the ultras in Pulwama district of south Kashmir today.
An unidentified militant has been killed and the operation was on till late evening, an army spokesman said here.
Security forces launched a search operation in Rajpora area of the district, 45 km from here, after their foot patrol came under firing by ultras.
The militants fired at the patrol party of 44 Rashtriya Rifles in Rajpora, prompting the troops to retaliate. However, there was no casualty in the initial firing which lasted for a brief period, police sources said.
The sources said during the search operation, security forces established contact with the militants again, killing one of them.
The identity and group affiliation of the slain militant was awaited as the operation was not over, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax