Militants adopting new strategy to infiltrate into J&K: Army
Akhnoor: Army on Wednesday said that militants are adopting a new strategy to infiltrate into Indian territory from across the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir.
"Yes, of late, they (militants) have been putting mines and then trying to fire at (troops guarding the LoC) and infiltrators take mileage out of this strategy," General officer Commanding, Akhnoor-based 10 Division, Major General AK Dhar told reporters here.
He was replying to a question whether militants have adopted a new strategy to infiltrate into J&K from Pakistan.
Earlier today, Maj Gen Dhar laid wreath at mortal remains of Martyr NK Moung Choung at 170 Military Hospital, Akhnoor. Choung of 3 Naga died in the exchange of fire between Indian forces and infiltrating militants yesterday in Pallanwala Sector along the LoC.
Replying to the question on yesterday`s attack on Indian troops during an infiltration bid by the militants, the Army officer said, "There has been a kind of an infiltration attempt which was thwarted and in the bargain this boy has lost his life. He was a brave soldier."
He said "the operation is still on. We are still searching for militants; we have to see how many can we get hold of."
"That area (terrain of operation) is across the river and it is such a thick jungle area that you cannot really see anything more than three to four yards. So we are facing this kind of problem in searching the militants."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi