Militants attack Sopore police station, 5 injured
Srinagar: Militants attacked a police station in Sopore town of Baramulla district on Saturday, leaving two policemen and three civilians injured.
A militant was killed in a search operation launched by
security forces soon after the attack.
Police said the militants hurled grenades at the police
station in Sopore town of north Kashmir and then opened fire
at it around 11:30 am in an attempt to flee from the area.
Two policemen and three civilians were injured in the incident, they said.
Later, one militant was killed during a search operation
launched by the security forces.
Security forces have cordoned off the area and launched a
search operation as they suspect another militant is holed up
in the cordon area.
Sopore, considered as a hotbed of militancy, has
witnessed many attacks by ultras last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!