Militants attack Sopore police station, 5 injured
Srinagar: Militants attacked a police station in Sopore town of Baramulla district on Saturday, leaving two policemen and three civilians injured.
A militant was killed in a search operation launched by
security forces soon after the attack.
Police said the militants hurled grenades at the police
station in Sopore town of north Kashmir and then opened fire
at it around 11:30 am in an attempt to flee from the area.
Two policemen and three civilians were injured in the incident, they said.
Later, one militant was killed during a search operation
launched by the security forces.
Security forces have cordoned off the area and launched a
search operation as they suspect another militant is holed up
in the cordon area.
Sopore, considered as a hotbed of militancy, has
witnessed many attacks by ultras last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister