Militants attack Sopore police station, 5 injured
Srinagar: Militants attacked a police station in Sopore town of Baramulla district on Saturday, leaving two policemen and three civilians injured.
A militant was killed in a search operation launched by
security forces soon after the attack.
Police said the militants hurled grenades at the police
station in Sopore town of north Kashmir and then opened fire
at it around 11:30 am in an attempt to flee from the area.
Two policemen and three civilians were injured in the incident, they said.
Later, one militant was killed during a search operation
launched by the security forces.
Security forces have cordoned off the area and launched a
search operation as they suspect another militant is holed up
in the cordon area.
Sopore, considered as a hotbed of militancy, has
witnessed many attacks by ultras last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- DNA: Is Sanskrit language losing its importance in India?
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand