Militants attack SP’s convoy in Kashmir
Srinagar: Separatist guerrillas Saturday attacked the convoy of the Sopore district police chief in Jammu and Kashmir, injuring two of his guards and a civilian, police said.
"Militants attacked the cavalcade of the Sopore Superintendent of Police, Syed Imtiyaz Hussain. They first lobbed a grenade and then fired from automatic weapons. Two of his guards and a civilian were injured," a senior police officer said.
Sopore in north Kashmir is 54 km from Srinagar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Korean Air evacuates plane at Japan's Haneda airport after engine smoke
- Google beats Oracle in $9 billion Android trial
- Google triumphs over Oracle in copyright case
- Madhya Pradesh IAS officer transferred for 'praising' Nehru on Facebook? Congress to stage protests
- Supreme Court refuses to stay NEET ordinance, says it will create confusion