Militants attack SP’s convoy in Kashmir
Srinagar: Separatist guerrillas Saturday attacked the convoy of the Sopore district police chief in Jammu and Kashmir, injuring two of his guards and a civilian, police said.
"Militants attacked the cavalcade of the Sopore Superintendent of Police, Syed Imtiyaz Hussain. They first lobbed a grenade and then fired from automatic weapons. Two of his guards and a civilian were injured," a senior police officer said.
Sopore in north Kashmir is 54 km from Srinagar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP