Militants attacks CRPF camp in Jammu and Kashmir, four killed
Srinagar: Four people were killed on Saturday in Shopian district of Jammu and Kashmir when guerrillas attacked a camp of the paramilitary Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), officials said.
The attack took place at a CRPF camp at Gagaran, about 55 km from here.
"In retaliatory firing by the CRPF, four people were killed. CRPF recovered two weapons from the slain people," police said.
Officials said two of the dead were militants.
"Two other people killed in the incident were civilians. The exact identity of the two slain militants is being established," police said.
Several people protested in Shopian town after the incident, saying all the four slain people were civilians. Protesters also pelted stones at the local police station.
Curfew was imposed in the town as tension gripped the area after news of the firing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Security at Olympics "robust", says IOC chief
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS