Militants attacks CRPF camp in Jammu and Kashmir, four killed
Srinagar: Four people were killed on Saturday in Shopian district of Jammu and Kashmir when guerrillas attacked a camp of the paramilitary Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), officials said.
The attack took place at a CRPF camp at Gagaran, about 55 km from here.
"In retaliatory firing by the CRPF, four people were killed. CRPF recovered two weapons from the slain people," police said.
Officials said two of the dead were militants.
"Two other people killed in the incident were civilians. The exact identity of the two slain militants is being established," police said.
Several people protested in Shopian town after the incident, saying all the four slain people were civilians. Protesters also pelted stones at the local police station.
Curfew was imposed in the town as tension gripped the area after news of the firing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city