Militants attacks CRPF camp in Jammu and Kashmir, four killed
Srinagar: Four people were killed on Saturday in Shopian district of Jammu and Kashmir when guerrillas attacked a camp of the paramilitary Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), officials said.
The attack took place at a CRPF camp at Gagaran, about 55 km from here.
"In retaliatory firing by the CRPF, four people were killed. CRPF recovered two weapons from the slain people," police said.
Officials said two of the dead were militants.
"Two other people killed in the incident were civilians. The exact identity of the two slain militants is being established," police said.
Several people protested in Shopian town after the incident, saying all the four slain people were civilians. Protesters also pelted stones at the local police station.
Curfew was imposed in the town as tension gripped the area after news of the firing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway