Militants attacks CRPF camp in Jammu and Kashmir, four killed
Srinagar: Four people were killed on Saturday in Shopian district of Jammu and Kashmir when guerrillas attacked a camp of the paramilitary Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), officials said.
The attack took place at a CRPF camp at Gagaran, about 55 km from here.
"In retaliatory firing by the CRPF, four people were killed. CRPF recovered two weapons from the slain people," police said.
Officials said two of the dead were militants.
"Two other people killed in the incident were civilians. The exact identity of the two slain militants is being established," police said.
Several people protested in Shopian town after the incident, saying all the four slain people were civilians. Protesters also pelted stones at the local police station.
Curfew was imposed in the town as tension gripped the area after news of the firing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read