Militants bid to blow up govt office in J&K failed
Srinagar: Militants have made a bid to blow up a government office in south Kashmir Pulwama district but they failed to cause any major damage, officials said on Thursday.
"During the intervening night, unidentified militants triggered an IED in the compound of Animal Husbandry Office at Tahab in Pulwama," the officials said.
They said the blast caused partial damage to a shed, window panes of Animal Husbandry Office and some nearby shops.
No militant outfit has claimed responsibility for the blast so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Sugar prices soar to Rs 42/kg; FM holds inter-ministerial meeting on banning futures trading
- TCL 562 Review: Well-performing smartphone that's worth its price
- Fraud suspect wanted by China pays $31m to end NZ probe
- A massive rift is threatening Antarctic Larsen C ice shelf to collapse
- 46th day of curfew, restrictions cripple Kashmir