Militant`s body to be exhumed in J&K
Jammu: The body of a militant, whose identity was mired in controversy, will be exhumed in Poonch district after his parents expressed the wish to bury him in their ancestral graveyard in Doda, police said Tuesday.
The decision to exhume the body of Liyaquat Ali was taken by the District Magistrate, Poonch after his parents identified it from the pictures published in local newspapers
as that of their son and presented evidence to the authorities, Senior Superintendent of Police, Poonch, Manmohan Singh told reporters.
The body will be handed over to his father Gulam Mohmmad, he said.
There had been conflicting versions over the identity of the militant.
While police had claimed that the security forces had killed foreign militant Abu Umar alais Nazakat Ali of Pakistan on June one in Surankote belt of Poonch district, Army had
alleged that the slain militant was a foreigner identified as Mohmmad Ismail, son of Dulla of Bharneli.
Later SSP Singh had said the slain militant was hardcore LeT commander Qamar-ud-Din alias Chota Ujjafa of Pakistan, who took command of LeT in Poonch. The parents identified the photographs as that of their son Liyaquat Ali.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?