Militant`s body to be exhumed in J&K
Jammu: The body of a militant, whose identity was mired in controversy, will be exhumed in Poonch district after his parents expressed the wish to bury him in their ancestral graveyard in Doda, police said Tuesday.
The decision to exhume the body of Liyaquat Ali was taken by the District Magistrate, Poonch after his parents identified it from the pictures published in local newspapers
as that of their son and presented evidence to the authorities, Senior Superintendent of Police, Poonch, Manmohan Singh told reporters.
The body will be handed over to his father Gulam Mohmmad, he said.
There had been conflicting versions over the identity of the militant.
While police had claimed that the security forces had killed foreign militant Abu Umar alais Nazakat Ali of Pakistan on June one in Surankote belt of Poonch district, Army had
alleged that the slain militant was a foreigner identified as Mohmmad Ismail, son of Dulla of Bharneli.
Later SSP Singh had said the slain militant was hardcore LeT commander Qamar-ud-Din alias Chota Ujjafa of Pakistan, who took command of LeT in Poonch. The parents identified the photographs as that of their son Liyaquat Ali.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read