Militants carry out two attacks in Kashmir, 7 injured
Srinagar: Militants carried out two grenade attacks in Sopore town and Batamaloo area of Kashmir on Saturday, leaving seven persons injured, including four policemen.
The ultras lobbed a grenade at the Sopore Police Station, 52 kms from here, at 9:55 am, police said.
The grenade exploded at the main gate of the police station, leaving seven persons injured.
In another attack within three hours, the ultras lobbed a grenade at a police picket in the busy Batamaloo area in the city, the police said.
The grenade missed the intended target and exploded on the roadside, they said, adding no one was hurt in the incident.
No militant outfit has claimed responsibility for the two attacks so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional