Militants carry out two attacks in Kashmir, 7 injured
Srinagar: Militants carried out two grenade attacks in Sopore town and Batamaloo area of Kashmir on Saturday, leaving seven persons injured, including four policemen.
The ultras lobbed a grenade at the Sopore Police Station, 52 kms from here, at 9:55 am, police said.
The grenade exploded at the main gate of the police station, leaving seven persons injured.
In another attack within three hours, the ultras lobbed a grenade at a police picket in the busy Batamaloo area in the city, the police said.
The grenade missed the intended target and exploded on the roadside, they said, adding no one was hurt in the incident.
No militant outfit has claimed responsibility for the two attacks so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details