Militants fire at CRPF men on Srinagar highway
Srinagar: Separatist guerrillas on Saturday opened fired at troopers of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) in Jammu and Kashmir, CRPF sources said.
The incident happened on the Srinagar-Muzaffarabad highway. Panic gripped the surrounding areas soon after the gunshots were heard.
CRPF troopers, deployed as road opening parties on the highway, said some militants fired at them and later escaped.
No damage was caused in the incident.
A senior CRPF officer, who reached the spot immediately after the incident, said they are looking into the matter.
The area was surrounded after the firing and traffic on the busy highway was suspended for some time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Eoin Morgan picks Anil Kumble and MS Dhoni in All-time XI, no place for Sachin Tendulkar
- Dominika Cibulkova stuns Agniezka Radwanska, enters Eastbourne final
- Three arrested for forcing Kerala nursing student to drink toilet cleaner
- Copa-Euro showdown: Proposal made for match between Copa America and Euro 2016 winners
- World doping watchdog WADA shuts down Rio Olympic lab