Militants fire at CRPF men on Srinagar highway
Srinagar: Separatist guerrillas on Saturday opened fired at troopers of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) in Jammu and Kashmir, CRPF sources said.
The incident happened on the Srinagar-Muzaffarabad highway. Panic gripped the surrounding areas soon after the gunshots were heard.
CRPF troopers, deployed as road opening parties on the highway, said some militants fired at them and later escaped.
No damage was caused in the incident.
A senior CRPF officer, who reached the spot immediately after the incident, said they are looking into the matter.
The area was surrounded after the firing and traffic on the busy highway was suspended for some time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past