Militants fire at CRPF men on Srinagar highway
Srinagar: Separatist guerrillas on Saturday opened fired at troopers of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) in Jammu and Kashmir, CRPF sources said.
The incident happened on the Srinagar-Muzaffarabad highway. Panic gripped the surrounding areas soon after the gunshots were heard.
CRPF troopers, deployed as road opening parties on the highway, said some militants fired at them and later escaped.
No damage was caused in the incident.
A senior CRPF officer, who reached the spot immediately after the incident, said they are looking into the matter.
The area was surrounded after the firing and traffic on the busy highway was suspended for some time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations