Militants fire at CRPF men on Srinagar highway
Srinagar: Separatist guerrillas on Saturday opened fired at troopers of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) in Jammu and Kashmir, CRPF sources said.
The incident happened on the Srinagar-Muzaffarabad highway. Panic gripped the surrounding areas soon after the gunshots were heard.
CRPF troopers, deployed as road opening parties on the highway, said some militants fired at them and later escaped.
No damage was caused in the incident.
A senior CRPF officer, who reached the spot immediately after the incident, said they are looking into the matter.
The area was surrounded after the firing and traffic on the busy highway was suspended for some time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad