Militants fire at police party in J&K
Srinagar: Militants on Wednesday opened fire on a police party in Shopian district of south Kashmir but no one was hurt in the incident, police said.
Unidentified militants fired upon a police party passing through Imam Sahib area of Shopian district, 55 kms from here, this afternoon, a police spokesman said.
This is fifth militant attack on security forces during this month in the valley.
The spokesperson said no one was hurt in the incident but police cordoned off the area and launched an operation to nab the assailants.
Militants shot two police officials in Handwara area of Kupwara district on March 2 followed by a suicide attack on a CRPF camp which left five CRPF personnel and two militants dead on March 13.
In the third attack, a Border Security Force constable was killed when militants attacked a convoy near Chanapora bridge on the outskirts of Srinagar on March 21, while a civilian was killed and a policeman injured in another militant attack in Sopore township of Baramulla district on Sunday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know