Militants fire at police party in J&K
Srinagar: Militants on Wednesday opened fire on a police party in Shopian district of south Kashmir but no one was hurt in the incident, police said.
Unidentified militants fired upon a police party passing through Imam Sahib area of Shopian district, 55 kms from here, this afternoon, a police spokesman said.
This is fifth militant attack on security forces during this month in the valley.
The spokesperson said no one was hurt in the incident but police cordoned off the area and launched an operation to nab the assailants.
Militants shot two police officials in Handwara area of Kupwara district on March 2 followed by a suicide attack on a CRPF camp which left five CRPF personnel and two militants dead on March 13.
In the third attack, a Border Security Force constable was killed when militants attacked a convoy near Chanapora bridge on the outskirts of Srinagar on March 21, while a civilian was killed and a policeman injured in another militant attack in Sopore township of Baramulla district on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'