Militants hurl grenades at CRPF, police deployment in Sopore
Srinagar: Militants on Tuesday hurled two
grenades at a security forces deployment in Sopore town of
north Kashmir`s Baramulla district, officials said.
The ultras hurled two Under-Barrel Grenade Launchers
(UBGL) towards the deployment of 177 Battalion CRPF and Police
in Haathishah area of Sopore town, 55 kms from here, at around
12.40 pm, they said, adding, the grenades exploded by the
roadside but there was no damage.
This is second attack in Haathishah area of Sopore
in the last three days.
Militants hurled a grenade on the security forces on
Sunday, soon after a two-day long encounter ended in nearby
Muslim Peer area. Two militants, including a self styled
divisional commander of the outfit were killed.
No militant outfit has claimed responsibility for the
attack so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16