Militants make abortive bid to loot police weaponry in J&K
Srinagar: Militants on Sunday made an abortive bid to loot the weaponry of policemen posted on duty in a minority community village in Pulwama district of Kashmir, police said.
Unidentified gunmen tried to barge into the police picket in Tral area of Pulwama this evening. But the policemen on duty locked the guard room from inside, prompting the attackers to fire few rounds in air, they said.
The policemen retaliated and forced the militants to flee, the police said, adding there were no reports of any one getting injured in firing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'