Militants open fire at police vehicle, two cops injured in J&K
Srinagar: Two policemen were on Tuesday critically injured when suspected militants opened fire at a vehicle outside a court in Pulwama district of Kashmir.
According to the police, suspected militants opened fire at a police vehicle parked outside a court in Pulwama town, 35 kms from here, injuring two policemen.
They were rushed to a hospital where their condition is stated to be "critical".
The area has been cordoned off and a hunt has been launched to nab the militants responsible for the incident.
However, no militant outfit has so far claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Bodoland groups to relaunch statehood agitation next week
- Claudio Bravo joins Manchester City as Joe Hart`s replacement
- Flood situation remains grim in Bihar, eases in Madhya Pradesh
- Don't let India use your soil against us, Pakistan tells Afghanistan
- Congress rushes in defence of 'sidelined' AAP Punjab convener