Militants open fire near Dal Lake, 4 injured
Srinagar: Militants Thursday struck in the tourist hub of Dal Lake area by shooting at employees of a liquor shop inside a government-run hotel on the Boulevard Road here, injuring four persons.
A police spokesman said unidentified militants fired from pistols near a liquor shop at Heemal Hotel on the banks of Dal Lake this evening.
He said three persons were injured in the incident. They are Fayaz Ahmad Khanday of Aloochi Bagh, Mohammad Sharief Sheikh of Batamaloo (both in Srinagar) and Ravi Kumar of Kathua area of Jammu region.
Official sources said another injured identified as Sunny Mehra, belonging to Jammu, was admitted in Soura Medical Institute.
All the four injured were employees at the liquor shop, which is one of the three licensed outlets operating in the Valley, they said.
This was the second major strike within a month by militants in the city following an attack at a hotel on Parimpora-Pantha Chowk bye-pass road near Lasjan on October 19. Two employees of the hotel were killed and another was injured in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster